Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blog 13

Sketch Journal 10:
initial concept for viewing tower.
(click image to enlarge)

The initial concept of my toy, Hijikata Toshiro's viewing tower is 'sharp'.
Therefore, I used a triangle which have sharp edges as the main element for the tower.
First, I tried overlapping the triangles on top of each other. The triangles should be able to rotate 360 degrees so that my toy can have a whole view over the area. But it's hard for my character to rotate the platforms himself.
Next, I tried putting the triangles vertically in front of each other arranged in a line from a small triangle up to the biggest one. The increasing in height is to show his high-up position as the vice-commander in the police force.
Lastly, my concept is to put several sharp edges components in a random manner to show the original 'sharp' concept which is to make others don't dare to approach.

Blog 13: completed! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment